A woman is suing the city of Memphis, alleging that the police department failed to investigate Cleotha Abston Henderson, 38, who she says raped her in September 2021. Henderson is the suspect accused of abducting and murdering Eliza Fletcher this month. Alicia Franklin, 22, a mother of one, filed the lawsuit on Tuesday, two days after she came forward to the Daily Memphian as the victim of Henderson's alleged assault from a year prior. Henderson was charged with rape and kidnapping in connection to Franklin's case, two days after Fletcher's body was discovered. Franklin claims that had the Memphis Police Department investigated her own alleged rape case, Fletcher may still be alive. According to the lawsuit via the Memphian , Fletcher and Henderson met on a dating app. Knowing him as "Cleo," she met him at 5783 Waterstone Oak Way, the same apartment complex where Henderson was arrested for Fletcher's murder. Upon arriving, she claims that Henderson put a gun on her and forced her into a vehicle behind the complex, where he then sexually assaulted her. After the attack, Henderson stole Franklin's cash and fled the area. Franklin reported the rape to the Memphis Police, taking them to the crime scene… Read full this story
- Ousted WeWork CEO Adam Nuemann sues SoftBank for walking away from $3 billion bailout and 'secretly taking actions to undermine' troubled startup
- Georgia Lawmakers Demand Ahmaud Arbery Prosecutors Be Removed From Office As Criminal Investigation Launched
- Family of black EMT, 26, sues police after she was shot 'at least EIGHT times' in the middle of the night in her Kentucky apartment during 'botched' drugs raid for man who was already in custody
- Police force that failed to charge Ahmaud Arbery's killers has a 'track record of corruption', faced 17 lawsuits in the past decade, had its drug force dismantled and locals say it is 'a good old boys club'
- Woman whose brother and father have been charged with murder of Ahmaud Arbery insists they are not racist because they 'loved' her non-white boyfriends - and says she is scared for her life after receiving death threats
- Woman accusing Michigan State basketball player of rape asks the attorney general to re-open case after local prosecutor told her she was 'too intoxicated to prove' anything
- Louisiana cop, 21, is charged with rape after he 'forced a woman to have sex with him in exchange for not giving her a speeding ticket'
- Police: Grandma, Ex-Son-in-Law Arrested for Live Streaming Child’s Rape on Porn Site
- Lawmakers focus on untested rape kits
- Berkeley police inaction raises questions about teen rape inquiry
Woman Sues Memphis for Failing to Investigate Eliza Fletcher Suspect, Who Allegedly Raped Her Year Prior have 427 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.