Microsoft is planning a product event for 10am EST on October 12. The announcement page doesn’t give much away—it’s a multi-colored version of the Windows 11 desktop wallpaper swirl, which could mean a lot of things. But the handwritten “save the date” text (and also rumors reported by The Verge and other outlets) suggest that it will be focused on Microsoft’s Surface hardware lineup. Further Reading Review: Microsoft's Surface Laptop Go 2 has a lot of problems, but I like it anyway The rumor mill suggests that the flagship Surface Pro and the Surface Laptop are the most likely to get updates, though truth be told, there’s not a single device in the entire lineup right now that’s using a current-generation processor. The Surface Laptop Go 2 gets a pass because it’s a budget device that was just updated a few months ago, but the Surface Pro, Surface Go 3, Surface Laptop , and Surface Laptop Studio are all using one- or two-generation-old CPUs. And the Surface Studio 2 all-in-one—not currently in stock but still listed as a current product—is so old that Microsoft had to change Windows 11’s system requirements to include it. Rumors about specific specifications and other… Read full this story
- Apple makes October 16 event official: “It’s been way too long”
- 5 Microsoft Surface deals you can’t afford to miss this Memorial Day
- The best Microsoft Office deals for May 2020
- Is Government set to scrap plans to reopen schools on June 1 amid huge backlash from unions? Poll reveals just 5% of teachers feel safe going back to the classroom as No10 insists it never fixed a return date for next month
- Apple may delay iPhone 12 announcements until October
- Buckingham Palace's blueprints revealed: Architects release the most detailed ever floor plans of the Queen's London home - from its opulent drawing rooms to the monarch's private apartments
- Microsoft Build Looks Very Different This Year
- Sony To Announce PS5 Game Lineup "Soon"
- Don’t miss these discounts on iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 7, and MacBook Air
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella applauds tech's response to COVID-19
Microsoft plans October 12 event to address its very out-of-date Surface lineup have 344 words, post on arstechnica.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.