Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) admitted at a debate between the candidates for Los Angeles mayor on Wednesday night that her sense of personal safety in the city had declined from "10/10" in March to "5/10" today, after her home was burglarized. Billionaire real estate developer Rick Caruso, who finished second to Bass in the primary election, responded: "You're worried about your kids going to school. I don't want to put a '5' on my kid and say, 'Well, there's a 50/50 chance you make it.’" Crime is one of the major issues in the election, along with homelessness — though Bass, like other Democrats, has seized on the issue of abortion to motivate voters against Caruso, a former Republican who donated to pro-life candidates in the past. Earlier this month, Bass was the victim of a break-in at her home in which two guns were stolen. Bass told local Fox affiliate KTTV-11 "that her guns were registered, locked in a safe box, and stashed away in a closet" when they were stolen. At the debate, Caruso pointed out that the current mayor, Eric Garcetti, had " defunded " the police by $150 million; Bass was an early critic of the "defund… Read full this story
- PG&E convicted of obstructing blast probe, breaking safety laws
- Enfield Arrest Log: March 10-13
- Firefighters Rescue Baby, 10 More Residents In Belle Haven
- Izzy's Murder Defendant Faces $10 Million Bail
- Farmington Arrest Log: March 7-10
- Police Say DNA Ties Clearwater Man To Sept. 10 Rape
- ***Live Updates*** Biden, Sanders Debate in Near-Empty DC Studio
- Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders elbow bump at debate overshadowed by coronavirus - but clash bitterly on socialist's praise for Fidel Castro's Cuba and former VP's vote for Iraq war
- Inside Lance Bass & Michael Turchin's Wedding: the Venue, Menu and Celeb Guests
- Meet Karen Chen, the Olympic Figure Skater Kristi Yamaguchi Calls the 'Complete Package'
Karen Bass at Debate: My Sense of Safety in L.A. Went from 10/10 to 5/10 have 318 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.