Welcome to Edition 5.05 of the Rocket Report! Don’t look now, but we could be fewer than four weeks away from the launch of NASA’s Space Launch System rocket. I have covered this booster for a dozen years and I’m so ready for this to finally happen. I’ve got plenty of coverage planned in the weeks ahead. As always, we welcome reader submissions , and if you don’t want to miss an issue, please subscribe using the box below (the form will not appear on AMP-enabled versions of the site). Each report will include information on small-, medium-, and heavy-lift rockets as well as a quick look ahead at the next three launches on the calendar. Georgia spaceport sues to force land sale . First Camden County citizens voted overwhelmingly against a proposed spaceport in southeastern Georgia. Then, the owner of 4,000 acres sought by the spaceport proponents said it would end an agreement to sell the land to backers of the Spaceport Camden project. Even so, Camden County commissioners refuse to give up the dream of building a spaceport that local residents don’t want, and for which the land owner doesn’t want to sell. So they’ve taken the land… Read full this story
- Rocket Report: SpaceX fires up seven Raptors; SpinLaunch raises big funding round
- SpaceX launch from Florida seen across much of eastern US
- Artemis-1 launch: NASA Moon mission OFF as engine problem leads to postponement
- America Is Trying to Make the Moon Happen Again
- Bill Nelson: Everybody poo-pooed SpaceX. Look at them now
- Elon Musk unveils new launch window for 5,000 ton Mars rocket this year: 'Highly likely'
- 'Leave it to Elon Musk!' NASA slammed after spending billions on 'stuck' Moon rocket
- From SpaceX to Skyrora: Lee Rosen on bringing rocket launches to the UK
- SpaceX's Starship rocket starts a blaze in protected habitat surrounding Starbase during static fire test
- Artemis I: NASA pushes back third go at Moon mission launch — need ‘more time to prepare’
Rocket Report: SpaceX launches Korea to the Moon, Georgia’s litigious spaceport have 324 words, post on arstechnica.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.