French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin slammed members of the far-left party France Insoumise, who he accused of defending a radical Islamist imam set for deportation from France. Minister Darmanin, who announced the deportation of radical Moroccan imam Hassan Iquioussen last week, slammed members of France Insoumise (LFI), who he accused of defending the imam and trying to halt his deportation. "This gentleman has nothing to do on national soil and that they can defend him in the sense of the term freedom of expression, tells me the state of intellectual decomposition that the far-left LFI has on this point," Darmanin told broadcaster CNews on Thursday. Since announcing the deportation of the radical imam, members of the LFI in the French parliament have criticised Darmanin, including MP David Guiraud who stated: "These dubious procedures must challenge all democrats concerned with preserving our rule of law." French Minister: Deport Serious Criminal Foreigners Regardless of Migration Status https://t.co/7ICpCaJNkJ — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) July 12, 2022 Another LFI MP, Manuel Bompard, argued that while the imam has reportedly given antisemitic and homophobic speeches, he should be tried by a French court: "it cannot be up to the arbitrariness of the Minister of the Interior to decide which… Read full this story
- Exclusive: Solution to France’s Islamic Problem is to Foster French Identity
- ‘Lacklustre Campaign’ Sees Macron Falling in Polls
- Accelerationism: how a fringe philosophy predicted the future we live in
- With friends like this, is Sadiq Khan fit to run London? Labour MP's dealings with Islamic extremists raise doubts over his suitability as London's next mayor
- From emperors to inventors: the unsung heroes to celebrate in Black History Month
French Govt Slams Leftists Opposing Deportation of Radical Imam have 278 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.