On Tuesday's broadcast of the Fox News Channel's "The Story," Chicago Alderman and mayoral candidate Raymond Lopez stated that gun violence in the city of Chicago has become "lost in the background noise" and stated there hasn't been the same anger, outrage, and federal involvement for gun violence in Chicago that the shooting in Highland Park has received because it's "the difference between the frog in boiling water and the frog in water that's getting slowly and steadily warmer." Lopez said, "I think what we see is the difference between the frog in boiling water and the frog in water that's getting slowly and steadily warmer. And what happened in Highland Park was horrible, horrific, and tragic. But it was a singular event and it jolts the system. But in Chicago, weekend after weekend, we've seen where it's just one shooting here, another shooting there, a couple shootings over here and it just gets lost in the background noise. But you're absolutely correct, Trace. Where was the anger, where was the outrage, where [were] all of the federal resources coming to bear on the city of Chicago the way they've come to bear for Highland Park?" Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- 5 Dead, 17 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago
- Jason Van Dyke Killed Laquan McDonald in 2014. Now Chicago Awaits a Verdict.
- Lori Lightfoot Promised to Change Chicago. Crises Keep Piling Up.
- Parents of Chicago’s Dead Kids: Stop the Shooting Madness
- Killers of 8-Year-Old Girl in Chicago Got Subway Sandwiches Right After Her Murder, Prosecutors Say
- Alton Spann, 18, Charged With Murder Of University Of Chicago Graduate Dennis Shaoxiong Zheng
- How a ‘Precious’ 8-Year-Old Was Gunned Down on a Chicago Street
- 3 Killed, 14 Injured In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago
- ‘Boxing Out Negativity’ Program Provides Outlet For Young People In Neighborhoods That Struggle With Violence
- Chicago Alderman Thinks Blowing Something Will Stop Violent Crime
Chicago Alderman: Gun Violence in Chicago Gets 'Lost in the Background Noise' -- Should Get Same Attention as Highland Park have 334 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.