Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick told Fox News that the state is being invaded, which gives the state the power to remove migrants from the country. He said the Constitution gives Texas the "power to put hands on people and send them back." Fox News Anchor Trace Gallagher interviewed Lt. Gov. Patrick Tuesday afternoon about the worsening crisis along the Texas border with Mexico. The interview came shortly before a Texas border county declared the migrant surge to be an "invasion." "Some counties in Texas are ready to declare an invasion into their counties," Patrick told Gallagher. "We had 230-some-thousand cross the [U.S.] border last month. That's only who we apprehended." "We are being invaded," the Lt. Gov. stated. "If we're being invaded under the Constitution, I think that gives us the power to put hands on people and send them back." Kinney County Judge Tully Shahan described the conditions experienced by residents of his county as thousand pour across the border from Mexico into Texas every day. "We are taking these steps in hopes of encouraging our Governor to acknowledge the existence of an invasion on our border with Mexico and take the necessary actions to preserve and protect the… Read full this story
- Texas Lt. Gov. Patrick calls on Congress to 'take a pay cut' and 'show that you're with us'
- Dan Patrick says 'there are more important things than living' in defense of coronavirus comments
- Abbott announces plan to reopen Texas economy after COVID-19 stay-at-home orders
- Behind on testing, Texas tries to be first to reopen
- Washington DC extends the city's lockdown by three more weeks to May 16 as cities in Missouri, Texas and Louisiana also increase time frame of stay-a-home orders along with Kansas, Idaho, New York and Wisconsin
- Ferocious winds and pouring rain lash New York City threatening widespread power outages in epicenter of coronavirus where medical tents are set up to treat gravely ill patients
- WHO chief says he 'regrets' Donald Trump's decision to suspend funding but reveals WHO's handling of Covid-19 will be reviewed after the pandemic
- Bill Gates says Donald Trump is 'dangerous' for cutting $500million in funding to the WHO because the world 'needs them now more than ever' to stop the pandemic
- Florida beaches to reopen TODAY and Texas stores to allow customers next WEEK as states start ending lockdowns
- US adds cameras at Mexico border despite drop in crossings
Border Invasion Gives Texas 'Power to Put Hands on People and Send Them Back,' Says Lt. Gov. have 409 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.