close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for June 23 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles! Political experts say the National Rifle Association is not weakened as much as critics say it is as the association worked to influence negotiations on the bipartisan Senate gun bill that is on track to be passed before the July 4 holiday, and with the House taking up the legislation soon after. University of Virginia Center for Politics director Larry Sabato emphasized that the bill is relatively modest and came in the wake of several gruesome mass shootings. In that political environment, he said, the NRA had a very tall task if it wanted to block a bill, and that what it managed to influence was effective. “It if passes, it certainly doesn’t send the message the NRA has died or anything like that,” Sabato said. “Given what happened in Uvalde and Buffalo and goodness knows how many other mass shootings, I think at this point the Congress as a whole, both parties, realize that something needs to be done.” A banner hangs at a memorial outside Robb… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren bid to end Senate filibuster threatens to backfire on Democrats
- After another deadly school shooting, is it time for US teachers to carry guns?
- America's gun culture in charts
- Maria Butina: Russian gun activist in US conspiracy case
- After mass shooting, guns key issue in Virginia elections
- Will expanding ‘pink slips’ curb gun violence?
- Bipartisan groups pushes lawmakers to ‘Do Something’ about shootings
- Bipartisan group pushes lawmakers to ‘Do Something’ about shootings
- Senators Push for Law to Make US Voting Machines Less Hackable
- A Cold War warrior president, the Queen of Soul and a Maverick senator: The giants who we bade farewell to during 2018
NRA could not stop bipartisan Senate gun bill, but is its influence truly decreasing? have 304 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.