WASHINGTON, DC – The Supreme Court is expected in the next seven days to hand down five major decisions, three of which will be huge, and potentially material for the history books –on abortion, the Second Amendment, and religious liberty. The Supreme Court's term begins the first Monday of October, and officially lasts until the date of the next term's October start date. But the court's term as a public matter usually ends in the final week of June, which is to say next week. This year is unusual in the number of extremely consequential cases it has. This week the court held in Carson v. Makin that Maine violated the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause by excluding Christian school choice from a school aid program. But with Carson decided, fully five of the court's 13 remaining cases are also major cases. One is Biden v. Texas , about President Joe Biden's attempt to shut down one of former President Donald Trump's signature policies, the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), better known as "Remain in Mexico," without which the number of illegal aliens making it into this country would be far higher. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor sang her colleague Justice… Read full this story
- ‘This Right Allows a Woman to Make Her Own Decisions’: Kansas Supreme Court Issues Major Abortion Ruling
- Kansas Supreme Court Issues Major Abortion Ruling
- S. Carolina Prods Supreme Court With Extreme Abortion Ban That Would Affect Birth Control, Fertility Treatments, & Rape Survivors
- Obama Slams “Devastating” Supreme Court Decision On Campaign Finance
- What You Need to Know About Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s Anti-Choice Nominee for the Supreme Court
- CNN Profile of Female Supreme Court Finalist Leads with How Many Children She Has
- Government urged to act after Supreme Court rule Northern Ireland abortion laws 'incompatible' with human rights laws
- Analysis: Supreme Court considers double jeopardy case
- 'Queer Eye' Stars Have Different Takes On Supreme Court's Masterpiece Cakeshop Ruling
- Supreme Court ruling makes sports betting legal. Here's what it means to Virginia.
Historic Supreme Court Decisions Loom on Abortion, Guns, Religion have 339 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.