Breitbart News reported on June 6 that 250 Republican donors signed a letter in support of Sen. John Cornyn's (R-TX) work with Democrats to secure bipartisan gun control. On June 22 the Dallas Morning News noted the number of signatories had grown to 600. The letter says, in part, "We vote for Republican Senators. We believe in the Second Amendment. Like many we are struggling for good answers to our current problem of gun violence in America." The signatories voice support for red flag laws, expanded background checks, and raising the age for legal gun purchases to 21. "Most law enforcement experts believe these measures would make a difference," the letter says. "And recent polls of fellow conservatives suggest that there is strong support for such gun-safety measures." The language of Cornyn's gun control deal was revealed on Tuesday, and Breitbart News pointed out that the bill expands background checks for some gun buyers, uses taxpayer money to incentivize states to enact red flag laws, and broadens the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) prohibited purchasers list by using domestic violence statutes to cover dating relationships. AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of… Read full this story
- GOP Sens. to Force Vote to Nix Joe Biden's 'Ghost Gun' Controls
- The Orlando massacre has changed tactics on how to implement gun control
- How a TX toy inventor helped push a member of Congress out of office
- Democrats: We'll Keep Border Barrier If GOP OKs More Legal Migration
- Texas paper rips Ted Cruz's "Second-amendment absolutism" on ghost guns
- Soldiers don't vote for Democrats because liberals don't know anything about guns | Opinion
- Parkland, One Year Later: Surviving Students Maddy Wilford and John Wilford
- Parkland Father Manuel Oliver To Attend Biden Speech On New ‘Ghost Gun’ Crackdown
- Alabama GOP Senate Race: Mike Durant Promises More Foreign Workers for 'the People I Represent'
- What gun laws passed in 2017? Trump isn't doing anything about gun violence but states are stepping up
600 GOP Donors Supporting John Cornyn's Gun Control Push have 331 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.