Carlton House Terrace overlooks The Mall and St James' Park in London. The Hinduja brothers now occupy Nos 13-16 in the eastern terrace. (Photo: Danish Khan) In 2006, the Hinduja brothers bought 13-16 Carlton House Terrace for £58 million. They spent another £50 million on renovating the 67,000 sq. ft home which was formally opened in 2011. Over 300 people were invited to the housewarming party, but it was a few more years before the Hindujas moved in completely. The family was reluctant to leave their more modest 25,000 sq. ft abode – just opposite Carlton House Terrace – where they had lived for over 30 years. The four brothers Srichand, Gopichand, Prakash and Ashok who control the Hinduja Group do believe in lucky charms. But now the 25-bedroom property, which comprises four interconnected six-storey Georgian Houses, designed by architect John Nash with its classical cornices, French polished timber, and ceiling roses is where they host the high and the mighty. It is easy to get dazzled by its current grandeur, but the Carlton House Terrace has an interesting history which links it very closely to the Buckingham Palace, which is also just a few minutes away. Carlton House Terrace came up where once… Read full this story
- Megxit announcement left the royals in shock; Buckingham Palace 'hurt and disappointed'
- Royal welcome for Trump: Donald and Melania Trump meet the Queen and Kate Middleton as Buckingham Palace hosts spectacular reception for Nato summit
- Queen kicks Prince Andrew's [email protected] out of Buckingham Palace as Barclays pulls funding and Duke of York is forced to step down from his pet business project - but he does get a show of support from his mother as they ride out together
- EXCLUSIVE: Malia Obama spends the Christmas holidays at £1.8m London home of long-term British boyfriend - as their relationship gets serious
- Palace ‘strenuously denies’ Prince Andrew used ‘n-word' slur during 2012 Buckingham Palace meeting
- Queen Calls Crisis Summit, William Reportedly Saddened by Split from Brother
- Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle planning to MOVE to Canada? Palace dismisses 'speculation' from friends that royal couple 'could run their office from there or even renounce their HRH titles' after success of Christmas break
- Woke Royals Harry and Meghan Step Back From Duties, Embark on ‘Progressive’ New Life
- Kate Middleton's family arrive at Kensington Palace for her 38th birthday celebrations amid crisis engulfing royals over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's 'resignation'
- Revealed: London's top ten most expensive garden squares where Britain's super-rich take a breather from bustling city life... just a stone's throw from their multi-million pound homes
Hinduja brothers' new London home has a historical link to Buckingham Palace have 414 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.