What just happened? It appears that Elon Musk’s $44 billion acquisition of Twitter could be in jeopardy. The world’s richest person just announced that the deal is “temporarily on hold” until he has confirmation that spam and fake accounts on the site really do represent less than 5% of its userbase. Musk tweeted the announcement earlier today along with a link to a Reuters report from May 2. The article revealed the statistic was in a company filing made to financial regulators. Twitter claimed that false or spam accounts represented fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter. Still committed to acquisition — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 13, 2022 Musk never said precisely how he plans to validate Twitter’s findings or why he doubts them. It could be related to recent revelations that Twitter overinflated monetizable daily active user (mDAU) counts between 2019 and 2021, something it claims was done in “error.” Musk followed the announcement with a tweet confirming he was still committed to the acquisition, but that hasn’t stopped Twitter shares from falling about 15% on the back of the news while Tesla shares were up 6%. If Musk did walk away from… Read full this story
- Elon Musk asks 'Mars' to send "Hot Pics"; the weird Twitter thread is driving netizens crazy
- Escobar, ‘Pedo Guy’ and NASA: Top 8 Epic Fights Elon Musk Picked on the Internet
- Tesla has just ONE more vehicle to unveil from the second part of Elon Musk's 'super secret Master Plan’, to be used for urban public transport running through specially designed tunnels
- Tesla CEO becomes Elon Tusk on Twitter
- Tesla, SpaceX, A.I., Mars and more: Is Elon Musk spread too thin?
- ‘Fault is Mine’: Elon Musk Apologizes for Calling British Diver ‘Pedo’
- After Elon Musk's 'bankruptcy' joke, Tesla witnesses massive market dip
- Brit cave diver branded ‘paedo guy’ by Elon Musk cries on GMB at ‘humiliation’ of being ‘dirtied and ashamed’
- Elon Musk steps down as Tesla's Chairman
- Tesla appoints Robyn Denholm to replace Elon Musk as Chairman
Elon Musk says Twitter deal on hold as spam account report is investigated have 329 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.