On Monday's broadcast of MSNBC's "MTP Daily," Senate Majority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) stated that "we're dealing with a transitional economy, coming from a shutdown economy under COVID-19, reemerging, creation of jobs at record levels, but with it, comes the fires of inflation." And there's also "a lot" of price gouging. Durbin stated that poor poll numbers for Democrats reflect "history's reality that off-year elections are not kind to the president's party. That's the starting point. Secondly, we're dealing with a transitional economy, coming from a shutdown economy under COVID-19, reemerging, creation of jobs at record levels, but with it, comes the fires of inflation. Every family's feeling that. They want to know that Democrats are going to do something to change it. The president has used several tools in his kit. For example, releasing oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve was one, dealing with agricultural prices is another. There will be more jawboning, if you will, of those who are price gouging, and that's happening at gas stations. It's happening with baby formula. We're finding a lot of that insidious activity taking place. So, we need to be identified with that effort and helping families find an affordable… Read full this story
- Dem Rep. Pocan: There's Been Price Gouging in Oil 'For Over a Year Now'
- Union Budget 2022-23 | Cuts in social welfare schemes, no steps to address inflation or job creation: Shashi Tharoor slams govt
- Could price controls be the answer to inflation that Biden is seeking?
- Qantas accused of 'price-gouging' after consumers pay triple for flights using credits over cash
- 'Worse to come!' Inflation hits 30 YEAR HIGH as savers warned to 'brace themselves'
- ANTONI: Instead Of Pandering On ‘Diversity,’ The Federal Reserve Needs To Do Its Job And Get Inflation Under Control
- Jeffries: 'Greed Is Driving a Lot of What Is Occurring' and Helps Explain Current Economic Situation
- Are You Really Being ‘Gouged’ At The Pump? Or Does It Just Feel Like It?
- Instead Of Grandstanding On Energy Prices, National Leaders Should Focus On Viable Solutions
- White-collar job openings hit a new high in March quarter
Durbin: There's 'a Lot' of Price Gouging and Record Job Creation Comes with Inflation have 375 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 17, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.