In a case that has drawn national notoriety, a Baton Rouge woman who claims a local district attorney mishandled her 2016 rape case involving an Angola deputy warden is asking the nation’s highest court to review and revive her lawsuit against the prosecutor. Priscilla Lefebure’s case has gained even more attention now that former U.S. Solicitor General Ken Starr has joined her legal team. Starr, as an independent counsel, led the Whitewater investigation into then-President Bill Clinton. Several nonprofit advocacy groups also have rallied behind Lefebure as her claims against 20th Judicial District Attorney Sam D’Aquilla have made it to the U.S. Supreme Court. D’Aquilla’s lawyers characterize Lefebure’s allegations as “unwarranted personal attacks” on him. Lefebure’s attorneys vehemently disagree with that characterization, saying the important victims’ rights case “cries out for review.” Lefebure claims then-Angola deputy warden Barrett Boeker raped her several times in 2016 and that D’Aquilla failed to adequately pursue rape charges against him. A West Feliciana Parish grand jury looked at evidence in 2017, but D’Aquilla didn’t give the panel access to a “rape kit” or a report compiled by a hospital nurse, Lefebure alleges. A federal appeals court in New Orleans ruled last year that while… Read full this story
- Kennedy Cousin Michael Skakel Wins At Connecticut Supreme Court, Conviction Vacated In 1975 Slaying Of Martha Moxley
- Florida Insiders: Gov. Adam Putnam would mean Richard the Not Lion-hearted’ on Supreme Court
- ACLU, state spar before Supreme Court over Maine’s ban on Medicaid-funded abortions
- Horror death crash recalled in court
- Kathua Rape-And-Murder: Trial Shifted To Pathankot,SC No To CBI Probe
- Child killer sentenced to death by Indian court only 23 days after arrest
- 'Kathua Rape Accused’s Signatures Don’t Match With Exam Attendance Sheet'
- Kathua Girl’s Rape-And-Murder: SC No To Protection To Witness,CBI Probe
- India court moves location of trial in gang rape, murder of 8-year-old
- Nigeria: Govt Set to Investigate Cases of 27 Nigerians in Tanzanian Prisons
Did West Feliciana DA botch rape investigation? Question has Supreme Court's attention have 323 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at May 1, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.