CAPE CANAVERAL (CBSMiami/AP) — SpaceX CEO Elon Musk spoke for over an hour Thursday night in a hotly anticipated discussion about Starship, a rocket that may one day send humans back to the moon and Mars. While standing alongside the 390-foot rocket at SpaceX's Texas spaceport, Musk said the first orbital flight of his towering Starship could come in another month or two. While he expects "bumps in the road," he's confident Starship will reach orbit by the end of this year. READ MORE: Miami Weather: Warmer This Weekend, Cold Front Late Sunday He urged the nighttime crowd, "Let's make this real!" "This is really some wild stuff here," he said. "In fact, hard to believe it's real." NASA plans to use the fully reusable Starship, the world's most powerful rocket ever built, to land astronauts on the moon as early as 2025. Starship is also at the core of SpaceX's plans to develop the technology necessary to establish a human settlement on Mars. Musk hopes to deploy a fleet of Starships to create a city on Mars, hauling equipment and people there. For now, the initial flights would carry Musk's internet satellites, called Starlinks, into orbit. "There will probably… Read full this story
- Elon Musk's SpaceX Falcon rocket is forced to make emergency sea landing after successfully blasting Dragon cargo ship to the international Space Station
- Elon Musk could be on Mars in seven years: SpaceX CEO vows to go to the red planet and admits there's a 'good chance' he'll end up DYING there
- SpaceX's Starhopper FINALLY takes its first untethered 'hop' in explosive test at Boca Chica, as Elon Musk quips, 'water towers can fly!'
- Battle of the space billionaires put on hold AGAIN as Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos both cancel second attempt at launching rockets
- Elon Musk at SXSW: Mars Spaceship Will Be Ready for First Flights by 2019
- Elon Musk: 'Chances are we're all living in a simulation'
- SpaceX Founder Elon Musk to Keynote SATELLITE 2020 Conference & Exhibition
- Elon Musk is sending marijuana to astronauts on the ISS – and could create new ‘mutant’ weed
- The battle of the space billionaires put on hold: Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos both cancel launches within minutes of each other (but both say they could try again tomorrow)
- Opinion: How Elon Musk can help save astronomy
SpaceX’s Elon Musk On Megarocket Starship’s 1st Orbital Flight And Mission To Mars have 402 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at February 11, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.