COLLECTABLE coin hunters are paying almost 40 times the face value for rare £2 coins. There are 54 different £2 coin designs currently in circulation and they can can fetch almost £70 if they’re in the right condition and feature a twist on the original design. Coin site ChangeChecker has released a list of the coins to watch out for and if you find any of the ones below in your pocket, have a look on eBay because you could be quids in. In general, the lower the mintage the rarer the coin, and the rarer the coin the more valuable it is . That means not many have been produced, which is more appealing to collectors as they’re harder to get a hold of. That said, ChangeChecker’s scarcity index also takes into account two other key pieces of information. This includes how many of each coin are listed as "collected" by members of the site, which indicates the relative ease of finding a particular coin. The experts also looked at the number of times a design has been requested as a swap over the previous three months, showing the current level of collector demand. MOST READ IN MONEY EGGCELLENT EAT… Read full this story
- How to change old £5 and £10 notes for cash – with over 212million old notes still in circulation
- Transcript: David Rubenstein on "Face the Nation", December 1, 2019
- The top memes and viral videos of 2012
- The bulls head the global stampede for gold bullion - but will it last?
- How the changing media is changing terrorism
- Panama Papers: How a global media operation held the rich and powerful to account
- The East India Company: The original corporate raiders
- A Skywalker will rise and awards contenders will compete this December at the movies
- That's Pretty Interesting: Beware of Bam Adebayo, the Heat big man who can guard anybody
Rare £2 coins: The 12 most valuable two pounds in circulation – from London Olympics to Magna Carta have 302 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 7, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.