The judge presiding over Prince Andrew's civil sex abuse case made several comments which may have left the Duke of York's legal team worrying. Judge Lewis Kaplan spoke to representatives for Prince Andrew who argued the civil sex assault lawsuit against him tabled by Virginia Giuffre should be thrown out of court. The Queen’s son has not been accused of criminal wrongdoing and has always denied the allegations against him. During a telephone conference on Tuesday in New York the judge questioned several legal arguments brought forward by the Duke’s legal team. Both sides have been left in limbo as he ended the hour-long talk, promising a decision on whether or not the case should be thrown out 'pretty soon'. "What’s a potential defendant?" Prince Andrew's lawyers are pushing for the case to be dismissed following the publication of a secret deal on Monday between Ms Giuffre and the dead paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. It stated the accuser agreed not to sue any 'potential defendant' connected to the disgraced financier and in return she received a $500,000 payout. But far from having the case dismissed, the language led the judge to suggest it could be open to interpretation. Prince Andrew pictured… Read full this story
- Prince Harry is ‘purposely never photographed alone with Prince George’, royal commentator claims
- Royal household split because of Prince Harry and Prince William’s ‘differing interests’, claims royal expert
- ‘Furious’ Prince William ‘refused to speak to Diana’ after explosive Prince Charles comments, claims royal biographer
- Man who had Taser told by judge: 'You have been an idiot for a long time'
- Brexit latest news: Tory MPs given free vote on alternatives to Theresa May's deal as PM moves to avert ministerial resignations
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May's deal defeated again by 58 votes
- Brexit vote latest news: Indicative votes results in Parliament
- Brexit vote latest news: Theresa May threatens election after MPs reject all four indicative vote options
- 2 major cases add up to big doubts about Chicago prosecutor
- Alistair Ramsay's column: Is 'Mexit' such a bad idea?
Prince Andrew sex case: Judge's blunt comments that may signal bad news for Duke have 347 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 5, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.