President Biden Joe Biden House Democratic campaign arm outraises GOP counterpart in final quarter of 2021 Putin’s ‘Brezhnev Doctrine’ involving Ukraine could backfire Rising inflation adds pain to student loan debt MORE spent the past two weeks expending significant political capital in pushing for voting rights legislation that appears doomed to fail in the Senate, prompting second-guessing about whether the White House raised expectations to its own detriment. Biden responded to calls for action from activists with an impassioned speech urging the Senate to change its rules in whatever way was necessary to pass two federal voting rights bills, a meaningful shift for a president who spent decades serving in the chamber. But for all the excitement generated by Biden's speech and his commitment to fight for the cause "as long as I have a breath in me," the political math was fundamentally unchanged. Sens. Joe Manchin Joe Manchin Biden touts infrastructure spending as other priorities stall The Hill’s 12:30 Report: More of Biden’s agenda teeters on collapse The Hill’s Morning Report: Biden takes it on the chin MORE (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema Kyrsten Sinema Biden touts infrastructure spending as other priorities stall The Hill’s 12:30 Report: More of Biden’s… Read full this story
- Tougaloo College Receives Grant to Finally Tell Story of Civil Rights Hero Fannie Lou Hamer
- The Note: Biden bets on practicality over purity
- When a young Joe Biden used his opponent's age against him
- What Actually Happened Between Joe Biden and Ukraine, Explained
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump demands Bidens testify
- Sunday shows - Second whistleblower grabs spotlight
- 'King of Israel' Trends After Trump Thanks Conspiracy Theorist for Saying Israeli Jews 'Love Him Like He Is the Second Coming of God'
- Biden, most 2020 Democrats see red in 3rd quarter money race
- The Second Coming Of Televangelist Jim Bakker
- Biden brushes off Bloomberg challenge: 'I'm pretty far ahead'
Biden's voting rights gamble prompts second-guessing have 309 words, post on thehill.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.