President Joe Biden's (D) administration has threatened to recoup coronavirus relief money issued to Arizona regarding state provisions it claimed discouraged families and school districts from adhering to federal guidance that recommends masks in schools. The Associated Press (AP) reported Friday: At issue are two state programs that are meant to help schools and students but that direct funding away from jurisdictions with mask requirements. Arizona's Education Plus-Up Grant Program provides $163 million in funding to schools, but districts that require face coverings are ineligible. And its COVID-19 Educational Recovery Benefit Program provides for up to $7,000 for parents if their child's school requires face coverings. In a letter sent Friday, the Treasury Department said the state had 60 days to remove the provisions regarding masks before the federal government took action to recover the funds, and also threatened to withhold the upcoming aid. "By discouraging families and school districts from following this guidance, the conditions referenced above undermine efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19," the department said. "Accordingly, these school programs as currently structured are ineligible uses of (Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds)." In a social media post Friday, Gov. Doug Ducey (R) wrote the letter… Read full this story
- Ron DeSantis, Who Once Mandated a Vaccine Registry for Kids, Sues Biden Admin. Over Vaccine Mandate
- Virginia county directing $20M of COVID relief toward 'equity,' 'social and emotional' programs
- Pelosi axes idea of Saturday vote on additional COVID relief
- Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You See Another Relief Payment?
- What's in, and what's out, as Biden offers scaled-back plan
- What's in, and what's out, as Democrats trim Biden bill
- Clay Higgins says COVID ‘almost killed me,’ remains opposed to mandates
- N.I.H. Director Undercuts Trump’s Comments on Covid-19 Vaccines
- ‘Fact-Checkers’ Say Joe Biden Never Supported Defunding the Police. Here’s The Truth | The Daily Wire
- Biden Tests Limits of Presidential Power in Pushing Vaccinations
Biden Admin. Threatens to Recoup AZ's COVID Relief Funds over Masks have 320 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.