ROME — Pope Francis lamented Sunday morning that "little has changed with regard to the issue of migration" since he last visited the Greek island of Lesbos in 2016. Progress is being made in the campaign to vaccinate people against the Wuhan coronavirus and even in the fight against climate change," the pope said during his address at the Reception and Identification Centre on Lesbos, yet "all this seems to be terribly absent when it comes to migration." Migration is "an issue for the whole world: a humanitarian crisis that concerns everyone," the pontiff stated, and "human lives, real people, are at stake!" The solution to the migration crisis is openness rather than secure borders, Francis insisted. "It is distressing to hear of proposals that common funds be used to build walls and barbed wire as a solution," the pontiff declared. "We are in the age of walls and barbed wire." A man pays his respects to the Pope Francis during a meeting with refugees at the Reception and Identification Centre (RIC) in Mytilene on the island of Lesbos on December 5, 2021. (ANDREAS SOLARO/AFP via Getty Images) Problems "are not resolved and coexistence improved by building walls higher, but… Read full this story
- Pope Francis Says Fear 'Makes Us Crazy' In Response to Trump's Border Wall Proposal
- Pope: Build bridges, not walls
- In Panama City, Pope Francis calls for ‘culture of greater transparency’ among public officials
- Pope Francis in Panama speaks of "weariness" that comes from "seeing a church wounded by sin"
- Inside Trump's military border base: Endless barbed wire, Humvees and a trauma center
- With barbed wire, US-Mexico border wall begins to resemble Berlin Wall
- Obstacle races: How American Ninja Warrior turned mud, barbed wire and sandbags into a craze
- The Latest: Pope brings message to Panama's detained youth
- Pope Brings World Youth Day to Prisoners, Hears Confessions
- Pope mourns Mediterranean shipwrecks that claimed 170 lives
Pope Francis: We Live in ‘the Age of Walls and Barbed Wire’ have 320 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.