President Joe Biden took another legal hit on Tuesday when a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction against his national vaccine mandate for healthcare workers just one week prior to its December 6 start date. Issued by Judge Terry A. Doughty in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, the injunction expanded a previous order issued on Monday by a federal court in Missouri, which halted the vaccine mandate in 10 plaintiff states. Tuesday's order will apply nationwide, temporarily halting Biden's mandate that hospital and healthcare workers receive at least one shot of the vaccine by December 6 and both doses by January 4, 2022. In his decision , Doughty argued that the "separation of powers" created by the Founding Fathers barred a single branch of government from depriving people of "liberty or property," noting that "indefinite states of emergency" can be abused by the Executive branch to deprive people of such rights. If the Executive branch is allowed to usurp the power of the Legislative branch to make laws, two of the three powers conferred by the Constitution would be in the same hands. If human nature and history teach anything, it is that civil liberties… Read full this story
- Federal judge blocks Trump efforts to roll back health law’s birth control mandate
- Federal judge in Texas rules Affordable Health Care Act unconstitutional
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Federal judge blocks HHS from releasing Seattle-based Planned Parenthood group’s grant application
- Federal judge blocks New York law aimed at curbing Airbnb rentals
- Federal Judge’s Ruling to Strike Down Health Law Puts Republicans in a Quandary
- How does federal judges' health insurance stack up?
- Federal judge strikes down Affordable Care Act. Now what?
- An Obama-Appointed Federal Judge Just Blocked Trump's 'Illegal' Asylum Ban
- Mississippi Law Restricting Abortion After 15 Weeks Is Overturned By Federal Judge
Federal Judge Blocks Biden's Vaccine Mandate for U.S. Health Workers have 311 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.