In brief: Fawzi Mesmar, DICE’s head of design who was part of the Battlefield and Star Wars: Battlefront franchises, is leaving the company in the wake of Battlefield 2042’s disastrous launch, though he says the move has been planned for a long time. VGC reports that Mesmar announced his departure to staff in an email revealing he had been planning to leave DICE for another company following the release of Battlefront 2042. “It was an absolute pleasure to serve on the best design teams in the galaxy,” Mesmar wrote in his message. “The incredible design work that you do continues to inspire me every day. Thank you for putting some faith in me, I hope I didn’t disappoint.” “I have been made an offer I couldn’t refuse at another company that has been kind enough to wait for me until we have shipped [Battlefield 2042]. It was super important to me to be here with the team as we achieve this historical milestone.” Mesmar had previously been the studio director, production & game design at Candy Crush maker King before taking up a position as DICE’s head of design in September 2019, where he worked on the likes of Star… Read full this story
- The original Surface Studio in 2018: How is it holding up?
- ‘Battlefield V’ Will Not Have a Battle Royale Mode like ‘Fortnite’ at Launch, Despite 'Talks' at EA Dice
- 'Battlefield V' Full Details, Release Date Officially Revealed
- [Update: Launching Dec. 4th] EA’s new free-to-play RTS, ‘Command & Conquer: Rivals,’ is available in pre-alpha on the Play Store
- Playing ‘Battlefield V’ on an $800 Nvidia card is stunning. And disappointing
- E3 2018: EA, DICE And BioWare Address Microtransactions Controversy
- EA is losing out on the true potential of Titanfall studio with ‘Apex Legends’
- Strictly Come Dancing launch 2019: Tess Daly looks leggy in a velvet gown as Claudia Winkleman makes a bold style choice in glittering scarlet suit
- Planned Russian Studio Complex Faces Uncertain Future as Partner Pulls Out
- Battlefield V single-player hands-on: telling diverse stories with diverse gameplay
DICE's head of design leaves studio in wake of Battlefield 2042's launch have 334 words, post on www.techspot.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.