NBC's Mike Tirico and Tony Dungy were both on the air Sunday night as Gruden's controversy over racial emails ten years ago took over the discussion on Sunday Night Football . As of Sunday night, only Gruden's email to NFLPA President DeMaurice Smith, in which he said Smith had lips like "michellin tires," was publicly known. However, Gruden had previously told the Wall Street Journal that he often refers to people who are liars as "rubber lipped," and that was how he came to use that term with Smith. That explanation seemed to work for Dungy. "We heard Jon Gruden say he addressed this. He gave his side of it. He said that it wasn't racial, that he was making a comment about DeMaurice Smith, and he basically attacked his character," Dungy explained. "I will accept that and just say that it was an immature way to do it. It wasn't the right way to do it. But it was 10 years ago. And I'm not going to chalk everything up to racism. I think we accept his apology, move forward, and move on with his team." Tirico, who was working with Gruden at ESPN when the email to Smith was… Read full this story
- Kurtenbach: Jon Gruden is confirming Raiders fans’ worst fears about his second tenure in charge
- Jon Gruden: Tom Brady 'ran me out of Oakland' the first time
- No, Jon Gruden is not the problem with the Raiders
- Raiders reportedly hire ex-ref Gerry Austin, reuniting Jon Gruden with MNF teammate
- FMIA: With or Without Laces, Jon Gruden Just Wants to Compete
- Jon Gruden isn’t clueless about Khalil Mack after all
- Raiders mailbag: Second-half woes continue for Jon Gruden’s team
- Jon Gruden on Khalil Mack's dominating day: '[He] had another strip sack? Are you ... kidding me?'
- Raiders mailbag: Jon Gruden’s potential feud with movie star Tom Cruise
- Jon Gruden explains why the Raiders' highest-paid defensive player played nine snaps on Thursday
Tony Dungy, Mike Tirico Blasted for Defending Jon Gruden have 338 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.