SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/BCN) — A wave of storm fronts were lined up across the Pacific early Tuesday, a procession of much needed rain showers, ushering in a potent atmospheric river late this weekend to bring relief to the drought-stricken San Francisco Bay Area. Wind gusts were expected to accompany the rain by Tuesday evening, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a Wind Advisory that will be in effect from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. Wednesday. KPIX 5 Weather Center: Current Conditions, Maps, Forecasts For Your Area Southerly winds will increase during the night, with gusts of up to 45 mph possible and gale force winds forecast above the waters in the region, according to the weather service. The North Bay will likely see the most rain from the storm, with up to 2.5 inches in the mountains. The rest of the Bay Area could see as much as 1.5 inches in some places, forecasters said. The heaviest rain is expected to move through the region quickly although showers will linger in the morning hours. More rain is then expected Thursday, as well as a third storm and possible "atmospheric river" on Sunday, according to the weather service. Models… Read full this story
- ‘Atmospheric river’ drenches Bay Area, causes mudslides, topples trees
- 7 days of storms: How much rain could fall in the Bay Area
- Huge storm descends on Bay Area to bring rain, wind, waves — and maybe thunder
- Dangerous waves off Bay Area coast trigger high surf warning
- 45-foot waves could hit Bay Area coast, ‘Super Blood Wolf Moon’ on Sunday
- 11 out of 14 next days have a chance of rain in the forecast for San Francisco Bay Area
- ‘Atmospheric river’ set to soak Bay Area, blanket Sierra Nevada with snow
- Bay Area rainfall: How much fell from ‘atmospheric river’
- Here's when the most severe Bay Area weather will hit: 'Go home now if you can'
- Satellite shows weather systems stretching from Japan to Bay Area, 6 days of rain possible
Storm Systems Building In Pacific; Potent Atmospheric River Bearing Down On Bay Area have 324 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.