Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Student loan forgiveness won't be available to everyone, but this plan is available now . Here's what you need to know. Student Loans Student loan forgiveness may be on the mind of student loan borrowers, but it probably won't happen — in the form of wide-scale student loan cancellation — in the near-term. President Joe Biden has been focused on targeted student loan cancellation during his first year as president. Biden has now cancelled nearly $10 billion of student loans, including student loan cancellation for borrowers with a total and permanent disability and at least $1.5 billion for borrowers who were misled by their college or university through borrower defense to repayment . This makes Biden the president who has cancelled the most student loan debt in history. Through the end of student loan relief on January 31, 2022, Biden will have cancelled at least $70 billion of student loans for student loan borrowers. This includes $5 billion a month in interest savings through Covid-19 temporary student loan forbearance, which Biden extended twice. On this same basis, President Donald Trump cancelled more than $20 billion of student loans for student loan borrowers through two… Read full this story
- Should You Choose a Personal Loan to Manage Your Child’s Education Abroad?
- Elizabeth Warren Took On Obama Over Student Debt Forgiveness. How She Won Is Central To Her 2020 Campaign
- Trump-Appointed Student Loan Official Resigns: “Stop the Insanity”
- States sue to force federal Education Dept. to make good on forgiving loans
- GradJoy is a Y Combinator-backed fintech to help you knock out your student loans
- Managing Student Expectations After High School
- Elite universities welcome flexibility to triple students' fees
- Tuition fees: Heavy debts will not put students off university prize – Browne
- MentorWorks Partners with BFIT to Offer Students an Alternative to Student Loans with Income Share Agreements
- Elizabeth Warren really does have a plan for everything—even one voter’s love life
Student Loan Forgiveness Won’t Be Available For Everyone, But This Plan Is Available Now have 314 words, post on www.forbes.com at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.