SAO PAULO (Reuters) – E-commerce giant Amazon.com Inc started to offer its Brazilian Prime subscribers free one-day delivery in 50 cities on Wednesday, amid fierce market competition in Latin America’s largest economy. The move comes as rivals such as MercadoLibre and Magazine Luiza are investing heavily to ramp up delivery speeds and gain clients. The Amazon initiative, which already exists for Prime subscribers in markets across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, arrives two years after Prime was first launched in Brazil. Previously, Prime users in Brazil had access to free two-day shipping with the option of paying extra for one-day delivery. “In the last year, we’ve developed better infrastructure especially in the country’s capital cities with new distribution centers, and this is what helped make one-day delivery possible,” Mariana Roth, head of Amazon Prime in Brazil told Reuters in an interview. E-commerce competition is steep in Brazil, home to an estimated 105 million e-commerce shoppers. Amazon ranked fourth in the country in terms of monthly website visits, trailing behind regional and domestic competitors MercadoLibre, Americanas and SoftBank-backed OLX, according to a ranking compiled by payments company Ebanx. Logistics is an especially tricky part of Brazilian e-commerce, in… Read full this story
- Amazon rolls out electric delivery rickshaws in India
- Amazon launches Uber-like package delivery service in Australia
- Jeff Bezos is in India. Amazon has a ton on the line
- Flipkart Opens New Warehouses Amid Anti-Trust Probe, Walmart-Staff Lay Offs in India
- The high-risk, high-reward world of selling stuff on Amazon
- Here's why Amazon's Jeff Bezos' India visit is crucial for e-commerce
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos commits USD 1 bn investment to digitise small businesses in India
- Valentine's Day flowers: the best online flower delivery services
- Amazon lifts ban on FedEx for third-party marketplace sellers
- Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video: which streaming service is best for you?
Amazon launches free one-day delivery in Brazil amid fierce competition have 300 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.