On Thursday afternoon, Virgin Galactic said its founder, British billionaire Sir Richard Branson, will attempt to go to space on July 11. Dubbed the “Unity 22” mission, this flight on the VSS Unity spacecraft will carry a full crew of two pilots, Dave Mackay and Michael Masucci, and four mission specialists, including Branson. “Building on the success of the company’s most recent spaceflight in May, Unity 22 will focus on cabin and customer experience objectives,” the company said in a statement. Branson said: I truly believe that space belongs to all of us… After more than 16 years of research, engineering, and testing, Virgin Galactic stands at the vanguard of a new commercial space industry, which is set to open space to humankind and change the world for good. It’s one thing to have a dream of making space more accessible to all; it’s another for an incredible team to collectively turn that dream into reality. As part of a remarkable crew of mission specialists, I’m honored to help validate the journey. The timing of this flight is significant, because a July 11 mission would allow Branson to beat Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to space. Bezos has said he will… Read full this story
- Mixer was a pawn in the high-stakes game between Microsoft and Google
- From bonking in the loo to ‘hot or not’ games, airhostesses’ sauciest confessions
- Epic Games Store Free Games 2020 Full List: Which Games Are Free This Week? How to Claim Your Free Games
- Epic Games Store free games: the Christmas giveaway continues
- PS Now Games For January Revealed: The Crew 2, Frostpunk, And More
- Arcadia goes bust: Sir Philip Green's retail group enters administration with 13,000 jobs at brands including TopShop and Burton on the line and a '£350m pension black hole' - but shops stay open for now
- Doctor Who: Michaela Coel and Richard Ayoade lead bookies' favourites to become the 14th Time Lord after Jodie Whittaker 'QUITS'
- Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC' in the wake of its Rule Britannia debacle as opponents label the corporation the 'most biased propaganda machine in the world'
- Game Of The Year Nominees Announced For New York Game Awards, Hosted By Reggie Fils-Aime
- A 360 degree view of a solar eclipse from SPACE: GoPro cameras in stratosphere to capture live HD footage of rare event
Game on—Sir Richard Branson will attempt to go to space on July 11 have 384 words, post on arstechnica.com at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.