The would-have-been ranking member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) January 6 select committee, Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), believes the questions he posed in preparation for the committee's first hearing "spooked" the speaker into rejecting his committee membership. Banks said in a phone interview with Breitbart News on Wednesday evening — after he found out about the rejection — that he and his Republican colleagues plan to press forward with investigating what he believes was a breakdown within Capitol Police leadership that caused the January 6 riot. Banks anticipates that the blame for the breakdown will eventually land on Pelosi. "Why was there a systemic breakdown of leadership at the highest levels of the Capitol Police?" Banks asked. "The more you go down that path and start asking those questions, and the higher you go on the food chain, the closer to Nancy Pelosi you get." House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) named Banks, along with Reps. Jim Jordan (R-OH), Kelly Armstrong (R-ND), Troy Nehls (R-TX), and Rodney Davis (R-IL), as his five appointees to Pelosi's 13-member investigatory committee, but Pelosi on Wednesday vetoed Banks and Jordan, the two standout conservative stalwarts of the group. "With respect for the integrity… Read full this story
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi: "I'm Confident We Will Win"
- Victory aside, Nancy Pelosi’s return as House speaker not a given
- Why it's not clear whether Nancy Pelosi will become House Speaker again
- Nancy Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere: 'I'm Really Good At What I Do'
- New plan from some House Democrats aims to oust Nancy Pelosi
- Nancy Pelosi is still the GOP’s favorite bogeyman — even as Democratic candidates inch away from her
- Victor Ashe: One Tennessee Democrat who won’t vote for Nancy Pelosi
- Why Nancy Pelosi doesn’t care what they say about her
- Nancy Pelosi’s Chief Antagonist Wants To Do Yoga and Have a Beer With You
- Is Greg Stanton afraid to admit he'll support Nancy Pelosi?
Exclusive – Jim Banks: Our January 6 Questions ‘Spooked Nancy Pelosi’ have 327 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.