The would-have-been ranking member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) January 6 select committee, Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), believes the questions he posed in preparation for the committee's first hearing "spooked" the speaker into rejecting his committee membership. Banks said in a phone interview with Breitbart News on Wednesday evening — after he found out about the rejection — that he and his Republican colleagues plan to press forward with investigating what he believes was a breakdown within Capitol Police leadership that caused the January 6 riot. Banks anticipates that the blame for the breakdown will eventually land on Pelosi. "Why was there a systemic breakdown of leadership at the highest levels of the Capitol Police?" Banks asked. "The more you go down that path and start asking those questions, and the higher you go on the food chain, the closer to Nancy Pelosi you get." House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) named Banks, along with Reps. Jim Jordan (R-OH), Kelly Armstrong (R-ND), Troy Nehls (R-TX), and Rodney Davis (R-IL), as his five appointees to Pelosi's 13-member investigatory committee, but Pelosi on Wednesday vetoed Banks and Jordan, the two standout conservative stalwarts of the group. "With respect for the integrity… Read full this story
- On Nancy Pelosi, most Dems in Pa., N.J. keep their distance
- Can Jim Jordan become top House Republican?
- House sends major bank bill to Trump, capping years of effort
- Jim McKee: Brick building in Lincoln has varied, storied past
- Sheep Dip calling it quits after January show in Reno
- EXCLUSIVE: Zuma's mystery meeting with South African spook murdered in Serbia
- Jared Kushner to have White House security clearance restored after being questioned by Robert Mueller
- As Mueller probes Seychelles meetings, details emerge about Russian plane: exclusive
- Days before mega-mall vote, Miami-Dade still wrestling with traffic questions
- From Trump's Doral resort, Republicans say they're 'ready to defy history'
Exclusive – Jim Banks: Our January 6 Questions ‘Spooked Nancy Pelosi’ have 313 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.