Kids as young as 12 can now receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, yet some parents are hesitant to get their children vaccinated. Parents might worry about giving a 12-year-old a vaccine that has not yet been approved for even younger kids. So we asked doctors who specialize in infectious diseases in children a question many parents have been wondering about: Should 12-year-olds get the COVID-19 vaccine? The answer from experts is a resounding yes. “I absolutely think they should get the vaccine, just like I think anyone who’s vaccine-eligible, which goes down to 12 now, should get vaccinated,” said Dr. Aaron Milstone, a pediatric infectious diseases specialist at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore. “Because it is, one, the best way they can protect themselves against this infection, and, two, it’s the best way to help protect the community from the spread of the virus.” The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people ages 12 and older get a COVID-19 vaccine, as does the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Indeed, the CDC recently urged parents to encourage their teens to get vaccinated, after an increase in hospitalizations was reported in this age group in March and… Read full this story
- Why can't I beat my 12-year-old at computer games?
- Child rescue alert issued for missing 12-year-old boy
- Teen found guilty of raping 12-year-old
- Search for missing 12-year-old boy
- Horrifying moment pervert pounces on 12-year-old girl before running away
- Teenager who raped 12-year-old girl jailed
- Social media appeals after 12-year-old boy goes missing
- Missing 12-year-old was found in Belton
- The family of a 12-year-old girl injured in the Moss Side shotgun attack are at her hospital bedside
- Youth involved in knifepoint robbery of 12-year-old in Great Yarmouth warned he could become an “old lag”
Should 12-year-olds get the COVID-19 vaccine? have 290 words, post on www.livescience.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.