Kids as young as 12 can now receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, yet some parents are hesitant to get their children vaccinated. Parents might worry about giving a 12-year-old a vaccine that has not yet been approved for even younger kids. So we asked doctors who specialize in infectious diseases in children a question many parents have been wondering about: Should 12-year-olds get the COVID-19 vaccine? The answer from experts is a resounding yes. “I absolutely think they should get the vaccine, just like I think anyone who’s vaccine-eligible, which goes down to 12 now, should get vaccinated,” said Dr. Aaron Milstone, a pediatric infectious diseases specialist at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore. “Because it is, one, the best way they can protect themselves against this infection, and, two, it’s the best way to help protect the community from the spread of the virus.” The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people ages 12 and older get a COVID-19 vaccine, as does the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Indeed, the CDC recently urged parents to encourage their teens to get vaccinated, after an increase in hospitalizations was reported in this age group in March and… Read full this story
- Sharon Osbourne learns her ballet dancer mother was arrested for shoplifting at just 12-years-old and thrown in jail for TWO nights on Who Do You Think You Are?
- Australian paedophile, 20, sent sex toys to a 12-year-old girl in the US - and posted naked photos of her to her MOTHER
- In a first, Manipur board approves application of 12 years old to appear in class X board exams
- Devastated parents says their 12-year-old special-needs daughter was driven to suicide by relentless bullying and physical abuse at the hands of cheerleaders and football players at her middle school
- The boy who DIVORCED his parents: 20 years after 12-year-old legally split from his family, he reveals how he regrets never reconciling with his mother before she died
- Horrific testimony from 12-year-old girl in Mississippi mental health facility leads to arrest of three men and two women who 'repeatedly raped, abused and starved her from the age of FOUR'
- Inspiring! This data scientist is only 12 years old
- Kerala: 12-year-old boy becomes 'Youngest Father'
- Laredo man accused of sexual assault of 12-year-old out on bond
- Chandigarh: Two days on, no FIR lodged over 12-year-old boy’s death at PGIMER
Should 12-year-olds get the COVID-19 vaccine? have 390 words, post on www.livescience.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.