When Melbourne’s RMIT University established RMIT Online, it was to help fulfil two potential problems: A decline in traditional on-campus enrolments and a change in demand for how tertiary students wanted to interact with the university. Fast forward five years to today and both of those scenarios are now reality. According to RMIT Online technology and enablement director Will Calvert, the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a decline in traditional on-campus enrolments, while students’ expectation around customer and user experiences for online education accelerated over the years, particularly in the past 12 months. “Students, quite rightly, expect that the online education experience should keep up with those other experiences that they have, like the amazing retail experiences that we have online or with Spotify, Netflix, and those social media platforms,” he told ZDNet. “Online education has been a bit mixed over the last decade … it’s been very much about putting an LMS (learning management system) in, we’ll upload some PowerPoints, lecture recordings, a few forums, lots of content … so that’s where we needed to really differentiate.” For Calvert, this has meant creating an online experience for students that is as good as, if not better, than what is offered… Read full this story
- Online Master's Degree Programs - Distance Learning Is the Way to Go
- Millville Delaware Online Education
- What Are The Educational Benefits Of A Distance Learning College?
- Online Degree - The Road to Improvement
- Financial Aid And Distance Education Seem Like A Good Match For Obtaining An Online Degree
- Online Degrees - Tips You Can Use Now
- Benefits of Online PhD Degrees
- Exploring the World of Online College Degrees
- How To Set Up An Online Lodge, College, Seminar Center Or School
- Online Education For Your Future
RMIT Online's mission to give students an experience that exceeds on-campus learning have 282 words, post on www.zdnet.com at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.