ROME, Italy — The European bishops have reacted strongly to an attempt to have abortion recognized as a "human right," insisting that the "unborn child has a human right to life." In a June 17 position paper , the European Bishops' Commission (COMECE) responds to a draft resolution from the European Parliament's Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality, slated to be voted on by the European Parliament next week. Sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services "are essential healthcare services that should be available to all," states the resolution , and include "safe and legal abortion care and services." The resolution goes on to assert that "denial of abortion care is a form of gender-based violence," taking special issue with Poland, which has outlawed eugenic abortions targeting babies with disabilities or genetic abnormalities such as Down syndrome. "All too easily," the bishops note in their response, "the independent right to life of the child is left out of the consideration and it is overlooked that the unborn child is not the property of the parents, but precisely in its defencelessness is only entrusted to them." The bishops declare that it is "ethically untenable" to classify abortion as an "essential health… Read full this story
- Heilemann on Health Care: A Christmas Miracle in the Senate, and a Hair-Raising New Year for the House
- Do You Trust Jeff Bezos With Your Life? Tech Giants Like Amazon Are Getting into the Health Care Business
- Watch British People React to Cost of U.S. Health Care: 'If You Don't Have Money, You're Fudged'
- 10 easy questions to help you find out health care costs in advance
- PM Pellegrini announces investment in health care
- Trump administration announces rollback of health care regulations protecting LGBTQ people
- Trump Triggers a Health-Care Panic in the U.K., but Brexit Is the Real Threat
- Biden: Buttigieg ‘Stole’ My Health Care Plan
- All it takes for Brits to love their socialized medicine is to learn the staggering cost of health care in the United States
- Specter of U.S. interference looms over health care debate in U.K.
European Bishops Insist that Abortion Is Not ‘Health Care’ have 357 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.