Amazon has joined the app-platform pack in reducing the cut it takes from smaller developers who use the Amazon Appstore to distribute apps. But it’s taking a slightly different approach, one that entices developers to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for IT infrastructure and AI services. From October, developers who earned less than $1 million in revenue in the previous calendar year from the Amazon Appstore will only need to pay Amazon 20% of the revenues they earn through its store. The new commission structure is part of the Amazon Appstore Small Business Accelerator Program and it follows similar reductions recently introduced by Apple and Google that are targeted at smaller developers. SEE: IT Data Center Green Energy Policy (TechRepublic Premium) The cuts aren’t as big as Apple’s and Google’s. Google in March halved its 30% commission on in-app purchases for digital goods to 15% for developers earning up to $1 million per year from the Play Store. This matched Apple’s drop from 30% to 15% commissions for developers that earned $1 million a year from the App Store, which kicked off on January 1 . While Amazon’s reduction is smaller than Apple’s and Google’s, Amazon is playing to its… Read full this story
- Huawei strikes deal to use TomTom maps on its smartphones after being cut off from Google in US-China trade war
- Apple Arcade and Google Play Pass: How these gated communities could upend the app experience
- What is Amazon Corretto?
- What is AWS CodePipeline?
- What is AWS WAF?
- Amazon Great Indian Sale and Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Best offers on smartphones, TVs, and laptops
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top deals, offers on Fire TV stick, Echo devices
- Why rivals Microsoft and Oracle are teaming up to take on Amazon
- Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020 | To commence Jan 19, offers on OnePlus TV, iPhone XR, Galaxy Note 9
- TCS Q3 revenue below expectations; what should investors do with the stock?
Amazon offers developers AWS credits, reduces its cut of their apps revenue have 312 words, post on www.zdnet.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.