Online crafts marketplace Etsy this afternoon reported Q1 revenue and profit that topped analysts’ expectations, and an outlook for this quarter’s revenue that was higher as well. However, Etsy forecast its profit margin may be lower this quarter than last, and Etsy shares sank by 7% in late trading . CEO Josh Silverman remarked that the “incredible momentum” of the preceding year had continued into the quarter Added Silverman, “We moved the needle by growing our team to deliver an exciting product roadmap aligned with our Right to Win strategy, and are executing a dynamic marketing strategy focused on driving frequency and keeping our buyers engaged. “In a time when human connection is so vital, Etsy provides a one-of-a-kind community where sellers are empowered to grow their businesses, reaching buyers who value finding items that express their unique identity, while putting their money where their heart is.” Revenue in the three months ended in March rose by 142%, year over year, to $550.6 million, yielding a net profit of $1 a share. Analysts had been modeling $530 million and 92 cents per share. Etsy’s volume of total goods transacted for on its site, the gross merchandise sales, rose 132.3%, year… Read full this story
- Dabur India share price up 3% after Q1 numbers, Kotak expects further upside
- DLF share price gains post Q1 result; Citi maintains sell rating
- RIL Q1 result: Profit beats estimates, up 31% YoY: Jio net at Rs 2,520 crore
- M&M Q1 Preview: Profit, revenue to decline 50%, but margin may improve
- RIL Q1 Results: Company beats estimates; 8 key highlights
- What should investors do with Tata Motors: buy, sell or hold after Q1 results?
- Vodafone Idea share price dips 7% on weak Q1 result; CLSA retains underperform
- Japan stocks fall on grim earnings season; Toyota bucks trend
- Canada's Manulife core profit beats expectations, rises on fewer payouts and markets
- BAT first-half beats expectations on 'resilient' U.S. demand
Etsy stock falls as Q1 results beat expectations, profit margin forecast to decline have 303 words, post on www.zdnet.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.