Why it matters: It’s no secret that Fortnite brings in a lot of money for Epic Games, but the exact amount of revenue it generates hasn’t been revealed—until now. The Apple vs. Epic legal battle has seen the release of a financial presentation from the latter, which shows that the battle royal title made more than $9 billion over two years. Epic’s document reveals some of the financial details of the private company. It shows that Fortnite generated a total of $9.17 billion in revenue across 2018 and 2019. In 2018 alone, Fortnite’s revenue was $5.48 billion, thanks to its 66.6 million monthly users. Those figures were down slightly to $3.71 billion and 65.1 million users in 2019. It was expected to make another $2.8 billion in 2020, despite a predicted further decline in the number of monthly players. Fortnite is by far the biggest money-maker for Epic. Its other games made a combined $108 million during the same two-year period, while the Unreal Engine brought in $221 million. The Epic Games Store, meanwhile, generated $235 million across 2018 and 2019. Courtesy of The Verge Sticking with the Epic Games Store, we now know how much the company paid for… Read full this story
- Ghislaine Maxwell latest news: Jeffrey Epstein accuser claims she had sex with ‘mystery prince’ in court documents
- Apple releases study to justify App Store business model ahead of antitrust hearing
- Revealed: Reading terror stabbing victims were three friends - amid fears attack was motivated by homophobia as police continue to quiz suspect Khairi Saadallah
- Tencent Music's IPO Filing Reveals Its Greatest Strengths -- And Competitors -- On The Global Streaming Stage
- Lincoln Project founders have ties to Russia, tax troubles, docs reveal
- Furious Kylie Jenner insists she did NOT spin a 'web of lies' or forge tax documents after Forbes' bombshell claims she faked her way to billionaire status
- Tim Cook defends App Store: 'If Apple is a gatekeeper, we just opened the gate wider'
- Revealed: How the Queen's representative in Australia Sir John Kerr sacked its PM Gough Whitlam in 1975 without telling Her Majesty to save his own skin, newly-released letters reveal
- Airbnb shared antitrust concerns with lawmakers after App Store standoff
- Court Docs: Feds Look to Seize El Chapo’s $12.6 Billion
Epic court documents reveal the billions Fortnite generates, how much it paid for store giveaways have 356 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.