What just happened? Microsoft and Apple have a rivalry that goes back to the mid-80s and still rages today. Continuing the tradition of throwing shade at each other in their commercials, Microsoft has launched a new ad declaring the Surface Pro 7 better than the iPad. Microsoft’s ad begins by highlighting the advantages of the Surface Pro 7’s built-in kickstand. The iPad doesn’t have one, though it’s easy enough to buy a third-party cover with a similar feature, or you could purchase one of Apple’s iPad keyboards, which is the next feature under the microscope. The ad lauds the Surface Pro Type Cover keyboard and how it “clicks and attaches” to the device, though the iPad version does pretty much the same thing. The focus is on the weight difference between the two accessories—Apple’s Folio is 0.2 pounds heavier than the Surface Pro 7’s keyboard. It fails to mention that Microsoft’s tablet is 0.33 pounds heavier than Apple’s. Connectivity is up next. Microsoft has Apple beat in this area; the Surface has 3.5mm, USB-A, USB-C, and Surface Connect ports, along with a microSD card reader, while the iPad has only USB-C, meaning dongles are often a requirement. Microsoft also continues… Read full this story
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro: Which is Better for Business?
- Apple iPad Pro vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Which is Better for Business?
- iPad Air 2 vs. Surface Pro 3: Which is Better for Business?
- Surface Pro 3 vs. iPad Air: Which is Better for Business?
- Surface Pro 3: 5 Reasons it’s the Best Business Tablet of 2014
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Top 5 Business Features
- Could the Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) Work for Your Business?
- Dell Venue 11 Pro vs. Surface Pro 2: The Best Windows 8.1 Tablets for Business
- Surface Pro 3 vs. MacBook Air (2014): Which is Better for Business?
- Surface Pro 3 Type Cover: A Better Tablet Keyboard?
Microsoft takes aim at the iPad in new Surface Pro 7 ad have 307 words, post on www.techspot.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.