Synopsis “You know, I’ve never spoken to Elon, although I have great admiration and respect for the company he’s built,” Cook was quoted as saying. Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he never spoke to Tesla CEO Elon Musk about buying his failed electric car business couple of years back. Musk in December last year tweeted that he offered Cook to sell his electric car company at one-tenth of its value during the struggling period in 2017 but the Apple CEO refused to meet him. In an interview with The New York Times on Monday, Cook said that talks never happened. “You know, I’ve never spoken to Elon, although I have great admiration and respect for the company he’s built,” Cook was quoted as saying. Musk had said that during the “darkest days” for Tesla Model 3, he wanted to sell the company off. “During the darkest days of the Model 3 programme, I reached out to Tim Cook to discuss the possibility of Apple acquiring Tesla (for 1/10 of our current value). He refused to take the meeting,” Musk had said in a tweet. Musk’s tweet came as reports resurfaced that Apple is planning to introduce its first… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says Tesla likely to launch humanoid robot prototype next year for 'dangerous' work that people don't want to do
- Bitcoin Tumble Slows as Elon Musk Suggests Tesla Hasn’t Sold Off Its Cryptocurrency Holdings
- Elon Musk’s Tesla Invests $1.5 Billion in Bitcoin, Will Accept the Cryptocurrency for Purchases
- Elon Musk Admits Tesla's Full Self-Driving Autonomous System is Not That Great
- Elon Musk's Tesla buys $1.5bn of Bitcoin causing currency to spike
- Elon Musk Believes Tesla's FSD 9.2 Software Is Not Great
- Tech billionaire Elon Musk says he's off Twitter 'for a while'
- Is Elon Musk an alien? Guess what tech billionaire said
- 10 years in, Tim Cook's Apple still has one more thing
- Tesla creators speak out on first ever meeting with Elon Musk and ‘founder’ title row
I never spoke to Elon Musk on buying Tesla: Tim Cook have 325 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 6, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.