ELON Musk’s “futuristic” $55M Las Vegas public transit loop has been panned as “just humans driving cars slowly in a tunnel”. Plans had promised to whisk passengers in driverless Tesla vehicles at speeds of 155mph, turning a typically 15-minute-long walk into a two-minute ride. But the reality seems to be far less exciting with the first look at Musk’s public transportation system proving a letdown to those who traveled on it. It is a far cry from the futuristic vehicles zipping people too and fro beneath the Las Vegas Convention Center campus. Instead, regular Tesla vehicles, are reportedly driven by humans through a colourful tunnel at just 35mph. And the reviews after it was unveiled to the media have been disappointing. Tech and motoring site Jalopnik said: “Elon Musk’s dumb Tesla tunnel now the lamest thing In Las Vegas!” Reviewer Jason Torchinsky said: “It's about as exciting as a sheet of unpainted drywall discarded in a closed office park. “It's just some Tesla Model 3s driving slowly in a tube. “All this really is are some Teslas driving in tunnels lined with LED lights.” It's about as exciting as a sheet of unpainted drywall discarded in a closed office park… Read full this story
- Extended transcript: SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on putting boots on the moon and Mars
- Elon Musk's girlfriend Grimes, 31, posts ANOTHER baby bump photo to Instagram after declaring herself 'knocked up'
- Elon Musk’s Las Vegas Tunnel Project Has Turned Into a 1-Mile Tesla Track
- Inter-galactic family feud: Elon Musk has called his father ‘evil’... so we tracked him down to South Africa where he says his son needs to 'grow up' after 'tantrums' over his child with new model wife, 30
- Elon Musk Dances for China, Promises ‘Super Cool’ Tesla Designed in Country
- Subway of the Future? Elon Musk Unveils New Underground Loop System
- Did Elon Musk Just Save Us From Fossil Fuels?
- Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- Elon Musk promised full self-driving abilities despite engineers’ safety concerns: report
- Tesla's Musk to tout self-driving vehicles amid financial challenges
Elon Musk’s ‘futuristic’ public transport system blasted as ‘slow cars under flashy lights’ have 345 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.