Data breaches have become frustratingly commonplace. With hackers infiltrating companies from DoorDash to Equifax to Facebook, it’s increasingly likely that you — or someone you know — has been impacted. And if it was your financial data that was floating around the internet, you may have learned the hard way how important it is to keep an eye on your credit report in order to protect yourself — and your finances — from the modern plagues of credit card fraud and identity theft. The first step to taking control of your credit is familiarizing yourself with your credit score . As the bedrock of your financial standing, a good score will improve your chance of being approved when you apply for a credit card or personal loan or a major purchase, like a new home . But monitoring your credit score can also help you play defense, putting you in position to respond quickly if you’re involved in a data breach or your identity is stolen . Read more: The best credit cards If you don’t have the bandwidth to check your credit score on a consistent basis — or you’re looking to add an extra layer of protection –… Read full this story
- Best ID monitoring services for 2018
- Best credit monitoring apps for Android
- Installing “PHP Server Monitor” Tool using LEMP or LAMP Stack in Arch Linux
- After Equifax, What Will Credit or Identity Monitoring Really Do For You?
- Update: 15 million T-Mobile customers affected by data breach at credit agency
- Best free apps for iPad
- This Week in Cybercrime: Three Denial of Service Attacks, Kaspersky Calls for Help
- Cockpit – A Powerful Tool to Monitor and Administer Multiple Linux Servers Using a Web Browser
- Best Buy warns of data breach
- Best Buy Starts Preorders For HTC EVO 4G, Effective Immediately
The best credit monitoring services in 2021: Experian, FreeCreditReport.com and more have 288 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.