BEIJING: Tesla Inc chief executive Elon Musk said on Saturday his company would be shut down if its cars were used to spy, his first comments on news that China ‘s military has banned Teslas from its facilities. “There’s a very strong incentive for us to be very confidential with any information,” Musk told a prominent Chinese forum during a virtual discussion. “If Tesla used cars to spy in China or anywhere, we will get shut down.” Sources said on Friday that the Chinese military has banned Tesla cars from entering its complexes, citing security concerns over cameras installed on the vehicles. Those restrictions surfaced as the top Chinese and US diplomats were holding a contentious meeting in Alaska, the first such in-person interaction since US President Joe Biden took office in January. Musk urged greater mutual trust between the world’s two biggest economies, in his remarks to the China Development Forum, a high-level business gathering is hosted by a foundation under the State Council. He was holding a discussion panel with Xue Qikun, a Chinese quantum physicist who heads the Southern University of Science and Technology. In China, the world’s biggest car market and a key battleground for electric… Read full this story
- Tesla’s Elon Musk Launches A New Line Of Products — Short Shorts
- Tesla's Elon Musk earns $770 million in stock options, company confirms
- ‘You Will Make it to Mars Before I Die’: Indians Pour their Hearts Out on Elon Musk’s Birthday
- Panasonic CEO says Tesla's Elon Musk a 'genius' who can be 'overly optimistic'
- Elon Musk hints at new Tesla Gigafactory in Asia but not in China
- Elon Musk’s net worth – how did the SpaceX founder make his money?
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk earns first performance-based compensation from the company worth more than $700million in one of the biggest corporate pay packages in U.S. history
- Elon Musk mocks regulators, short-sellers as Tesla soars
- Elon Musk’s Tesla becomes most valuable car firm at $208billion – TEN TIMES higher than Chrysler and Ford
- Elon Musk is taking the Cybertruck for a spin on Jay Leno’s Garage
Tesla would be shut down if its cars spied in China, elsewhere: Elon Musk have 347 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at March 20, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.