After revealing earlier this week there were 84 IT projects underway by the federal government that cost in excess of AU$10 million, the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) has clarified its role in their delivery. CEO Randall Brugeaud said the DTA works with the agencies delivering projects, mostly to capture information on their project status. However, that information is provided to the DTA by that particular agency. “We do make a critical assessment of that and in some situations, engage with the agencies to discuss the status of their program in more detail,” he declared to the Finance and Public Administration References Committee on Friday. “I can’t go into detail on the status of individual agency programs, it’s the responsibility of the agencies to provide advice on the status of their programs.” The agency has been grilled on its lack of involvement in high-cost projects before. In 2019, Brugeaud revealed that for a troubled IT project to get on the DTA’s radar, the responsible agency is required to dob themselves in. The DTA in early 2017 was charged with looking into the structures of existing Australian government high-cost technology projects . It was to “oversee and advise on ICT and digital… Read full this story
- The Latest: Senate committee agrees to give Ford more time
- Former Arkansas senator convicted in kickbacks case projected affluent ruse
- Faculty Senate discusses graduate college bylaws – The Review
- Suburban state Senate district north of Denver becomes #MeToo battleground
- How Committees Got Their Staffers
- Don Willett defends controversial tweets as jokes at confirmation hearing before U.S. Senate
- U.S. senators to Google: What are your China search plans?
- NYS Senate candidate: Public officials should serve the public (Commentary)
- House Intel: Post-midterms, how much can the committee change?
- Voters to Consider Amendment Giving Legislative Oversight To Judicial Budget
Senate Committee concerned with DTA's level of IT project oversight have 294 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.