BEIJING – Tesla Inc chief executive Elon Musk said on Saturday his company would be shut down if its cars were used to spy, his first comments on news that China's military has banned Teslas from its facilities. "There's a very strong incentive for us to be very confidential with any information," Musk told a prominent Chinese forum during a virtual discussion. "If Tesla used cars to spy in China or anywhere, we will get shut down." Sources told Reuters on Friday that the Chinese military has banned Tesla cars from entering its complexes, citing security concerns over cameras installed on the vehicles. Those restrictions surfaced as the top Chinese and U.S. diplomats were holding a contentious meeting in Alaska, the first such in-person interaction since U.S. President Joe Biden took office in January. Musk urged greater mutual trust between the world's two biggest economies, in his remarks to the China Development Forum, a high-level business gathering is hosted by a foundation under the State Council. [[nid:518382]] He was holding a discussion panel with Xue Qikun, a Chinese quantum physicist who heads the Southern University of Science and Technology. In China, the world's biggest car market and a key battleground… Read full this story
- Is demand slowing for Tesla's cars? New figures reveal rising stockpiles of vehicles as Elon Musk's car firm slashes prices
- How Wheels Fans Launch Petition for Elon Musk's Tesla Cybertruck
- The Cybertruck vs. F-150 comparison isn’t fair, Tesla tells California officials
- Tesla unveils the Model 3
- Want the best self driving car out there? DON'T buy a Tesla, Consumer Reports says as Cadillac beats Elon Musk's car in first test of semi autonomous systems
- Elon Musk agrees to have his tweets pre-approved by a lawyer after causing financial chaos with reckless posts
- Tesla to build factory in Germany after subsidies announced
- Tesla charges ahead to overtake Ford in market value
- Elon Musk rejected plan to add eye-tracking technology that ensured Tesla drivers were looking at the road because it was 'ineffective'
- Elon Musk: 'Chances are we're all living in a simulation'
Musk says Tesla would be shut down if its cars spied in China, elsewhere have 351 words, post on www.asiaone.com at March 21, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.