Inside the dogecoin community, the slogan “to the moon” is used to describe the belief that the price of the cryptocurrency is about to surge. But the creator of the meme token has embraced a more literal interpretation. “I think having an ally like Elon Musk is pretty incredible, honestly,” Billy Markus, the currency’s co-founder, told Newsweek . “I think it would be really cool if he does literally send dogecoin to the moon on one of his rockets.” Markus, 38, of Portland, Oregon, started the project in late 2013 after joining forces with fellow software engineer Jackson Palmer. Unlike bitcoin, which currently costs the equivalent of $49,440 per coin, dogecoin has a price tag of about $0.05 and there is no limit to the number of coins that can be made. It is commonly used on websites for tipping. Also unlike its more serious rivals, dogecoin was set up as a joke—a parody that combined the shiba inu dog meme, the Comic Sans font and some of the protocols behind an open source software project known as Litecoin. It has since developed its own subculture and picked up celebrity fans. A Reddit community dedicated to the crypto has about… Read full this story
- Beware of fake Elon Musk! Hackers take over Twitter accounts of firms and even members of Congress to pretend to be SpaceX and Tesla boss in latest bitcoin scam
- Elon Musk unveils new images of SpaceX's 'Big F***ing Rocket' ahead of announcement tonight of first passenger to buy a ticket to fly around the moon
- Elon Musk says SpaceX could beat NASA and land on moon 'within two years'
- Rocket Report: Russia to build 11 more Protons, Boeing wants EUS funding
- Richard Branson claims he'll take his first spaceflight 'within 6 MONTHS,' after Virgin Galactic's tourist rocket completes its first ever trip to the edge of space with crew on board
- Hyperloop or over-hyped? Latest demo does little to ease doubts
- Astronomers Just About Certain They Found the Apollo 10 Lunar Module Floating in Space
- SpaceX delays first commercial flight
- Race to Space: 5 Billionaires Who Might Find Life Outside Earth Before NASA
- Rocket Report: SpaceX says it would launch weapons, Bezos plays for defense, too
Dogecoin Creator Billy Markus Wants Elon Musk to 'Literally' Send His Crypto to the Moon have 356 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.