15 schools in the United Kingdom have been unable to provide online learning due to a cyberattack. Security Microsoft: Firmware attacks are on the rise and you aren’t worrying about them enough Cyber security 101: Protect your privacy from hackers, spies, and the government The best antivirus software and apps The best VPNs for business and home use The best security keys for two-factor authentication Why some governments are getting cyber crime gangs to do their hacking for them (ZDNet YouTube) The schools, based in Nottinghamshire, belong to the Nova Education Trust co-operative. On Wednesday, as reported by local publication NottinghamshireLive , several of the schools reported issues across social media and the need to close down the IT systems due to the cyberattack. According to Nova Education Trust, a threat actor was able to access the trust’s central network infrastructure and while an investigation took place, all existing phone, email, and website communication had to be pulled. Students are still learning remotely in England. Schools are set to reopen on March 8, but in the meantime, only a small subset of children are attending school physically, such as the children of key workers. The 15 schools impacted by the… Read full this story
- @ISSUE: Does online learning make the grade?
- City wins fight to shut down 22 schools, can move on with plan to open 15 charter schools
- Nazareth Regional HS is hoping to win boys and girls Federation basketball titles and stay open beyond this school year
- Hildale school nearly doubles head count in second year
- Preschoolers played online games for a year — and became kindergarten-ready
- Shut down bad charter schools: Column
- Old Bridge plans forum to discuss proposed charter school
- Statewide property tax among school-funding proposals for Arizona
- Seton bolsters Catholic voucher schools
- Chicago teachers shut down schools rather than accept meaningful evaluations
Cyberattack shuts down online learning at 15 UK schools have 293 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.