Qualys has revealed that a “limited” number of customers may have been impacted by a data breach connected to an Accellion zero-day vulnerability. Security Google: Bad bots are on the attack, and your defence plan is probably wrong Cyber security 101: Protect your privacy from hackers, spies, and the government The best antivirus software and apps The best VPNs for business and home use The best security keys for two-factor authentication How a hacker attempted to poison a city’s water supply (ZDNet YouTube) The cloud security and compliance firm said on Wednesday that the security incident did not have any “operational impact,” but “unauthorized access” had been obtained to an Accellion FTA server used by the company. Accellion File Transfer Appliance (FTA) is enterprise-grade software used for file transfers. In December 2020, FireEye’s Mandiant discovered that the Clop ransomware group was exploiting previously-unknown vulnerabilities in the legacy software to extort organizations, threatening to leak sensitive data stolen from vulnerable servers unless a ransom was paid. Organizations across the US, Singapore, Canada, and the Netherlands were targeted. However, according to Mandiant, ransomware was not deployed in this wave of attacks. Qualys is a user of Accellion FTA. The company says that… Read full this story
- With Ground Zero Payments Slashed, a Push to Replenish a 9/11 Fund
- Victims of Child Sexual Abuse Are Poised to Win Expanded Protections in N.Y.
- Child Sexual Abuse Victims to Get Expanded Protections in N.Y.
- Top Aide to de Blasio Was Quietly Ousted Over Sex Harassment Claims
- Top Aide to de Blasio Was Quietly Ousted Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- The Secretive Billion-Dollar Company Helping Governments Hack Our Phones
- The cybersecurity industry will have 3.5 million unfilled jobs by 2021
- 'Stalinist' Vietnamese cybersecurity law takes effect, worrying rights groups and online campaigners
- Rage Drove the Google Walkout. Can It Bring About Real Change at Tech Companies?
- As 9/11 victims continue to come forward, officials and advocates fear Compensation Fund may dry up
Accellion zero-day claims a new victim in cybersecurity company Qualys have 318 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.