When it comes to the customer journey, service is both the Achilles heel and an overdue opportunity to deliver new experiences and value. Over the years, executives viewed service less as a touchpoint to enhance customer relationships and instead, viewed it as a cost center. Limited by traditional mindsets and constructs, promising new technologies and process improvements were limited in their potential and only seemed to distance customers from meaningful engagement and mutually beneficial outcomes. Support was transactional rather than experiential. Modernization, digitization, and upgraded resources weren’t measured through a lens of customer experiences, but instead by efficiencies and scale and time and resources saved. Considering the critical role customer service plays in a most vulnerable touch point, businesses can no longer afford to not invest in human-centered experiences, relationships, and ultimately lifetime value. Special feature Digital Transformation: A CXO’s Guide Reimagining business for the digital age is the number-one priority for many of today’s top executives. We offer practical advice and examples of how to do it right. Read More The pandemic has cast a bright light on the vast array of choices customers have at their disposal. They’re learning that they are more than empowered to exercise them…. Read full this story
- Cork becomes first city in Europe to launch customer service charter
- Eir plans to tackle poor customer service
- Eir says poor customer service a 'key priority'
- Customer service is just as important online
- Customer Service honour for Port of Tyne
- Ireland’s first 24-hour city bus service sees 60% boost in journeys
- Costa staff share most ridiculous customer demands
- No end in sight for French customs protest
- Secret Service gets its Sunday lunch in Derby via a TAKEAWAY
- Donald Tusk suggests EU leaders grant UK a longer Brexit extension
Rethinking customer service: No longer the weakest link in the customer's journey have 287 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.