Future Retail Ltd said the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) can issue directions to convene meetings of shareholders and creditors of applicant companies, including it, to consider the Rs 24,713-crore deal with Reliance Retail following an order by the Supreme Court. Earlier in the day, the apex court had allowed the NCLT , Mumbai to continue with the proceedings but asked not to pass a final order on the amalgamation of Future Retail Ltd (FRL) with Reliance Retail, as it agreed to hear Amazon’s plea against the Delhi High Court verdict that stayed a single judge directive to maintain status quo on the deal. The US-based e-commerce giant had moved the top court against the order of the high court division bench which paved the way for the Reliance-FRL deal. A bench comprising Justices R F Nariman and B R Gavai issued notices to FRL, Chairperson Kishore Biyani and others and sought their replies to the Amazon plea. The reply is to be filed in three weeks and a rejoinder to it two weeks thereafter, the bench said, adding that the appeal will be listed for hearing after five weeks. The Supreme Court has “further specifically ruled that the proceedings… Read full this story
- Indian companies line up shareholders meeting online due to social distancing norms amid COVID-19
- 'Investors can look at RIL Rights Issue offer as an opportunity given growth prospects in Jio, Retail'
- Reliance Industries rights issue to open on May 20; 9 key things to know
- RIL rights issue: What makes analysts recommend 'subscribe' to issue
- Reliance rights issue: What makes analysts recommend 'subscribe' to issue
- Sports Direct increases French Connection stake to 27%
- FUTURE SHOCK: 25 job & career trends post COVID-19
- Exxon shareholders soundly reject splitting CEO/chairman roles
- ‘New Reliance’ to be best proxy for new India’s consumption, tech-driven growth story: RIL
- Jio Platforms garners Rs 67,195 crore in four weeks ahead of RIL rights issue
NCLT can issue directions to hold shareholders meet over RIL deal: Future Retail have 312 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.