President Joe Biden said on Wednesday he would seek $37 billion in funding for legislation to supercharge chip manufacturing in the United States as a shortfall of semiconductors has forced U.S. automakers and other manufacturers to cut production. Biden also signed an executive order on Wednesday aimed at addressing the global semiconductor chip shortage that has alarmed the White House and members of Congress, administration officials said. The scarcity, exacerbated by the pandemic , was also the subject of a discussion between Biden and a bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers at the White House on Wednesday. “I’m directing senior officials in my administration to work with industrial leaders to identify solutions to the semiconductor shortfall,” Biden said on Wednesday. “Congress has authorized a bill but they need … $37 billion to make sure that we have this capacity. I’ll push for that as well.” The White House said his remarks were in reference to measures aimed at boosting chip manufacturing capacity that were included in this year’s National Defense Authorization Act but which require a separate appropriations process to garner funding. The chip industry has pressed the Biden administration and Congress to take action to fund the provisions of the… Read full this story
- Joe Biden's 'shot and awe' plan will open 100 federal vaccination centers in stadiums and convention centers to help deliver 100 million shots in 100 days and order manufacturers to make more doses to tackle shortages
- 4 ways Joe Biden plans to fix the economy
- Joe Biden unveils $1.9 TRILLION in new COVID relief including $1,400 checks to take total to $2,000, a $15 minimum wage and $160B to solve 'dismal' vaccine rollout as he promises 100million shots will be delivered in his first 100 days
- Joe Biden Urges Passage Of $1.9 Trillion Covid-19 Relief Plan: “The Very Health Of Our Nation Is At Stake”
- Joe Biden warns U.S. faces more than 600,000 COVID deaths, days after total passing 400,000, as he signs more orders to aid economy
- Live updates: It’s Inauguration Day for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Joe Biden's first act of unity: New president stands with Obama, Bush and Clinton to lay wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier after pledging to lead for all Americans
- Joe Biden’s virus plan: 100 million shots just the start
- President-elect Joe Biden Unveils $1.9 Trillion Plan To Stem Coronavirus, Steady Economy
- President Joe Biden watches inauguration fireworks from Truman Balcony with Jill and the family after Lincoln Memorial speech urging Americans to 'meet the moment' and 'unify'
Joe Biden to press for $37 billion to boost chip manufacturing amid shortfall have 405 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.