It appears Google has sold more Chromebooks than Apple has sold MacBooks in 2020. According to a report by Geekwire, quoting IDC, 2020 was the first full year in which Chrome OS took second place beating Apple’s MacOS . ChromeOS is the cloud-based operating system that powers Google’s laptops. However, it may be Microsoft who needs to worry more than Apple. According to the IDC report, while Microsoft Windows-powered PCs/laptops continue to hold majority market share, both Apple computers and Google ChromeBooks gained on its expense. While IDC does not break the numbers operating system-wise, GeekWire did the number crunching which reportedly has been confirmed by the research firm’s analyst Mike ShireI. For record, IDC’s numbers include desktops, laptops, and workstations While ChromeBooks have reportedly beaten Apple MacBooks earlier too, 2020 was the first full year that they held on to this. What seems to have worked in ChromeBook’s favour is the pricing of the low-cost laptop. “Until the pandemic, Chrome OS’ success was largely limited to U.S. schools. Demand in 2020 appears to have expanded beyond that small but critical part of the U.S. PC market,” as says the Geekwire report. Here is the year-over-year breakdown as it per… Read full this story
- 3 moves Microsoft needs to pull an Apple-style turnaround
- The Best Keyboard Replacements for Chromebook and Chromebox
- What's new in Chrome OS and Chromebooks at Google I/O 2018?
- Best Android apps for your Chromebook
- Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10 Pro review
- When is the PlayStation 5 coming? Here are a few educated guesses
- Google Pixelbook review: The laptop Chrome OS needs, but maybe doesn't yet deserve
- ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 long-term review: The laptop that brought me back to Chrome OS
- Battle of the beautiful: How does the Pixelbook stack up to the MacBook Pro?
- MacBook Pro review: the Air apparent
Global Chromebooks outsell MacBooks in 2020, but here’s why Microsoft may need to worry more have 299 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.