It appears Google has sold more Chromebooks than Apple has sold MacBooks in 2020. According to a report by Geekwire, quoting IDC, 2020 was the first full year in which Chrome OS took second place beating Apple's MacOS . ChromeOS is the cloud-based operating system that powers Google's laptops. However, it may be Microsoft who needs to worry more than Apple. According to the IDC report, while Microsoft Windows-powered PCs/laptops continue to hold majority market share, both Apple computers and Google ChromeBooks gained on its expense. While IDC does not break the numbers operating system-wise, GeekWire did the number crunching which reportedly has been confirmed by the research firm's analyst Mike ShireI. For record, IDC's numbers include desktops, laptops, and workstations While ChromeBooks have reportedly beaten Apple MacBooks earlier too, 2020 was the first full year that they held on to this. What seems to have worked in ChromeBook's favour is the pricing of the low-cost laptop. "Until the pandemic, Chrome OS' success was largely limited to U.S. schools. Demand in 2020 appears to have expanded beyond that small but critical part of the U.S. PC market," as says the Geekwire report. Here is the year-over-year breakdown as it per… Read full this story
- Cheap Laptops: Chromebooks and MacBooks on sale starting at just $199
- E3 2020--Nintendo, Microsoft, Square Enix And More Reactions To Cancellation
- MacBook Air buying guide: How to choose your processor, storage, and more
- Apple’s new MacBook Air is “twice as fast” and has an improved keyboard
- An updated MacBook Pro is coming soon. Here’s everything we want from it
- Best Chromebooks for Best Buy Curbside Pick-up
- Best Buy offers rare discounts on MacBook Air and Surface Pro 7
- Apple announces new MacBook Air 2020 with magic keyboard and faster performance
- Andromeda — a pocketable Surface PC — remains a dream for Microsoft’s Panos Panay
- Coronavirus shock vs. global financial crisis — the worse economic disaster?
Global Chromebooks outsell MacBooks in 2020, but here’s why Microsoft may need to worry more have 320 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.