trials and tribulations Remembering the numerous ups and downs of Google’s road to messaging ubiquity. Hayato Huseman 22 Feb 2021 1 Source: Android Central Creating the best messaging app is a complicated problem to approach. Everybody’s always looking for a unified way of keeping in touch with their friends and family, but with so many different services finding success on different platforms and in different regions of the world, there’s just no way to rally wide enough support around a single product to truly solve messaging once and for all. Of course, that hasn’t stopped Google from trying, and from Google Talk to Hangouts and RCS messaging, the company has seen a lot of success — and a lot of failures — throughout the years. Even some of Google’s shuttered messaging platforms, like Allo , ended up paving the way for far more successful products . VPN Deals: Lifetime license for $16, monthly plans at $1 & more We certainly aren’t at the finish line of messaging services just yet, if such a thing even exists. In the meantime, we wanted to look back on some of Google’s major milestones in its journey to finally shape up with a fairly… Read full this story
- Google wants to bring Allo’s ‘smart reply’ to third-party messaging apps
- Yahoo buys mobile messaging app Blink in latest talent acquisition
- The best Android apps (March 2020)
- Google Messages could soon be able to send iMessage-like 'reaction texts'
- 7 free video conferencing apps: FaceTime, Skype, Zoom and more compared
- 7 free videoconferencing apps: FaceTime, Skype, Zoom and more compared
- Google is changing its App Store policy: Here's what it means for you
- Here are some important apps for taking notes on your smartphone
- How to check your commute in Google Maps
- FabuLingua Offers Spanish-English Learning App for Kids at No Charge, Amid Covid-19 Pandemic School Closures
Five milestones in Google's failed messaging app journey have 300 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.