trials and tribulations Remembering the numerous ups and downs of Google’s road to messaging ubiquity. Hayato Huseman 22 Feb 2021 1 Source: Android Central Creating the best messaging app is a complicated problem to approach. Everybody’s always looking for a unified way of keeping in touch with their friends and family, but with so many different services finding success on different platforms and in different regions of the world, there’s just no way to rally wide enough support around a single product to truly solve messaging once and for all. Of course, that hasn’t stopped Google from trying, and from Google Talk to Hangouts and RCS messaging, the company has seen a lot of success — and a lot of failures — throughout the years. Even some of Google’s shuttered messaging platforms, like Allo , ended up paving the way for far more successful products . VPN Deals: Lifetime license for $16, monthly plans at $1 & more We certainly aren’t at the finish line of messaging services just yet, if such a thing even exists. In the meantime, we wanted to look back on some of Google’s major milestones in its journey to finally shape up with a fairly… Read full this story
- #SnapchatDown: Meme fest kicks off as photo-messaging app suffers major outage
- Snapchat working on feature that may let users create event invites on app
- Apple Versus Google: Who's Winning the App War?
- 5 Things Google Figured Out In Android Wear’s First Year
- iPod Touch & iPhone Messenger App's Reviewed
- Google I/O 2019 Preview: So Much Bigger Than Android on Your Phone
- After Google apps and Snapchat, Instagram suffers global outage
- I Broke Google Duplex, But It's Still Impressive
- Turn off the lights: Google finally rolls out dark mode on Gmail app for Android
- Google focus on Pay for next billion
Five milestones in Google's failed messaging app journey have 293 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.