Communications Minister Paul Fletcher has signalled the government’s intentions to watch the voluntary code of practice , which aims to stem disinformation on digital platforms that operate in Australia. The code was prepared by the Digital Industry Group Inc (DiGi), a non-profit industry association advocating for the digital industry in Australia. It comes in response to the Australian government asking the digital industry in December 2019 to develop a code in response to policy as set out in Re g ulating in the Digital Age: Government Response and Implementation Roadmap for the Digital Platforms Inquiry . DiGi volunteered to develop the draft for the industry. All signatories — Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Redbubble, TikTok, and Twitter — have committed to the Australian Code of Practice on Disinformation and Misinformation. They have also committed to releasing an annual transparency report about their efforts under the code. Speaking on Tuesday at a press conference on Facebook restoring news back to its platform in Australia, Fletcher said the code being voluntary reflects a recommendation from the ACCC’s Digital Platforms Inquiry. “We’ve made it plain that we will review the performance, the Australian Communications and Media Authority will report to me in the middle of… Read full this story
- Quantum Computer Coding in Silicon Microchip Now Possible
- John McAfee: Why Homeland Security is failing miserably at protecting us online
- PS4 Adding Important Security Measure for PSN Accounts
- Who Are the FOSS Police?
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Facebook Exec's Brazilian Misadventure Signals Bigger Problem
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Rackspace President Lanham Napier on Managed Hosting
- Interview: Offtopic Productions Talks Making Mods And Taking Names
- Digital Foundry: the complete Xbox One architects interview
- Where Can We Get HELP?
Australia will consider 'other measures' if voluntary misinformation code fails have 282 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.